Friday 1 December 2017

Terry Pratchett's Discworld: The Luggage

Free delivery - it literally follows you home when you buy at Sapient Pearwood Furnitureland...
I painted this a good few years ago now, and it remains the only Discworld miniature that I've ever seen in the flesh or had a good look at, then or since.


My wife asked me to paint it as a favour to a friend and work colleague, and so I tired to keep things simple and as straight-up as I could for fear of not pleasing with the results and earning negative spouse-karma as a result.

Looking at this now, it's still hard to come to terms with the fact that Pratchett himself is no longer with us, his books, characters and the entirety of the Discworld setting meant so much to me growing up, and still does, that I keep expecting to see an interview with him or glimpse a new novel being put out in time for the festive season.

2 comments:

  1. I painted this and Rincewind - lovely models, and probably the only thing I've ever painted with no real purpose beyond just wanting to paint them! I might see about getting Hogfather Death to paint up for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was as much a pleasure to paint this as it was to read the Discworld books for the first time.

      Delete

We Print Miniatures - Wasteland Bounty Hunters & Competition...

The gang's all here - Wasteland Bounty Hunters pose for a rare group photo on the outskirts of the sprawl 3D printing is probably rightl...