Tuesday 2 October 2018

Far Corfe: Howling Eddie - Gun for Hire, Hair for Hire

Howling Eddie: he's got a big chopper...
Just a quick one today, something to tide me over until I have a more expansive post to make and better pictures to share. But until then, here's Howling Eddie, a minor conversion based on the Orlock gang leader from the original edition of Necromunda.

I was loathe to sell off all of the Orlocks that had been languishing in storage for so long, and so a number of them have already seen conversions of this kind, basically head-swaps and small cosmetic additions in order to free them of the now rather generic look of the old-school gang.

Howl for me, boy!
I felt that the Space Wolf head here harked back to the mad hairstyles of the Confrontation Brats, and adding chainmail to the loincloth moved him away from the old Orlock look.

Enny, meeny, miney, moe...
Admittedly the red scarf does owe a lot of inspiration to TWD's Negan, which compliments the leather jacket as well. I would have liked to swap the sickle magazine on the bolter for a more modern drum pattern, but that seemed too fiddly without an actual pre-made one to use for the conversion.

Eddie doesn't really fit directly into any of the gangs that I have on the go at the moment, so I see him more as a hired gun or bounty hunter type, selling his skills for cash and the promise of heads to split with his trusty power axe.

I hope to have more to share soon, including the old plastic Goliaths that are currently undergoing conversion into a small mob of muties, and some more trash terrain.

So, as always, let me know what you think with a comment below or a share on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Print Miniatures - Wasteland Bounty Hunters & Competition...

The gang's all here - Wasteland Bounty Hunters pose for a rare group photo on the outskirts of the sprawl 3D printing is probably rightl...