Thursday 1 November 2018

Far Corfe: Tinribs Clau - Freelance Heavy & All-Round Hardcase

Tinribs Clau - willing to do very nasty things at a very reasonable price.
I'm still fairly new to the ever expanding world of small, independent and often one-man-band sculptors that are out there on the internet, and they seem to run the gamut from bloody awful right up to sheer brilliance, and James Sheriff of Brass Monkey Games certainly falls into the latter category in my humble opinion.


What hooked me into James's work was his growing range of minis inspired by He Man and The Masters of the Universe, all brought up to date and given a distinctly 40K feel, a range that currently includes tributes to Skeletor, Ram Man and Trapjaw.


I got my hands on a copy of the latter a few months back, and rather than try to paint it up in the same style as the character it was based on, I decided to go with my gut instinct and reinvent him as an erratic Underhive heavy with questionable augmetics ticking away in time with his twitchy nerves and hair-trigger temper.

I'd always been amused by the Viz strip entitled "Tinribs" and had just seen Black Panther, coming away with very fond memories of Andy Serkis as the oddly eclectic villain "Ulysses Klaue", and so the mechanical arm seemed to seal his identity in my mind.

I'm not sure what James makes of my alternative interpretation of his work, but you'd do well to check his FB page out and buy something from him so that he can keep on doing what he does and adding to his catalogue of minis.

And if anyone wants to buy me one of his Ram Man minis to see what I'd do with it, I'm not about to stop you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Print Miniatures - Wasteland Bounty Hunters & Competition...

The gang's all here - Wasteland Bounty Hunters pose for a rare group photo on the outskirts of the sprawl 3D printing is probably rightl...